Wars and Windmills

01 December 2007

Something I Hate...8

I hate the 1994 song Jesse by Joshua Kadison.



She asks me how the cat's been. I say, "Moses he's just fine
but he used to think about you all the time.
We finally took your pictures down off the wall.
Oh, Jessie, how do you always seem to know just when to call?"
She says, "Get your stuff together. Bring Moses and drive real fast."
And I listen to her promise, "I swear to God this time it's gonna last."


With lyrics that poignant, nothing more need be said.

6 comments:

  1. Thing I hate about all eras of time: Men and women having the same hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Lindsey. I was having a hard time telling which one was Jesse. I did love the vest sans shirt, though.

    Darren, until this post I didn't even know this song existed. Thank you for giving me this gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Valerie, I am sorry for tainting you with this poison. I remember this song from it's genesis and have been dogged by it since. I am sorry that now you can say that knowing me has made you worse off then when we would just fight in class.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate this song also. I'm almost surprised it came about as late as 94. You would have thought we were all too depressed and plaid wearing to enjoy this kind of maudlin voicebox feces.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you get it dumbass? The cat is like him..he's really saying that the cat misses her/him..but really he misses her just like the cat misses her. The animal is Jesse's lover!

    Duh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was the trump card in our 'War of Dentist Office Music,' and you reminded me about it. Thanks for a winning strategy.

    ReplyDelete