Wars and Windmills

21 August 2008

Huzzah! Huzzah!



I posted about my longing for Mitch not to long ago. Today, Matt, the harbinger of Mitch, sent this gloriously lovely bit of honey to me. It was recorded 2 days before he died, which is unsettling, but it has over 40 minutes of unreleased schtick. Excelsior!

As Dan pointed out this release is also extremely saddening as it is a reminder that nothing is coming after this. But let us not have that doldrum taint the bliss of this release. September 9th will now be the new Christmas. Children will have the day off of school. Government agencies will not be open to the public. Mitch will be the real "Wyld Stallions" and the world will change from that day hence. Mark the day and revel in it.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah! That is good news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me excited. I can't wait to hear it. He was so original and such a unique energy that he's sorely missed. I love certain comedians but he was one of my all time favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude!

    You got me into this guy. In fact, when I am trying to make a point whilst teaching, I use Hedburg jokes to bring the class around.

    I miss you ol' pal.

    ReplyDelete